Grace Thoughts on "Marthaism"

I know... I know .....I know, I am ashamed too. I have not posted any thoughts for over two weeks, actually close to a month, but believe me when I say I have had plenty of thoughts. You know now that I think about it, I think what I want for christmas is a gadget that can read my thoughts and transcribe them, so that I can edit it(of course I have private thoughts) and post it. Won't that be incredible? Anyway am open to recomendations,anyone out there with reliable leads should contact me on 080....never mind.
Yes my thought for the day! It is one of the reasons I havent blogged lately(not that am looking for an excuse). "Marthaism" is just my way of expressing martha like attitude in life(too much activity!). Okay for those who may not have read the story, I am refering to Martha the sister of Mary?(doesn't ring a bell yet?), the sister of Lazarus? okay read the book of Luke 10 vs 38-42, John( chapters 11, 12).
Naturally I am a Martha, as in I like to organize, see things done properly, etiquette, code and conduct are my thing[I remember one time in high school(okay secondary school) my friends called me "Miss Manners"]. So the first time I could process the story in Luke 10 vs 38-42, I got Martha instantly and my young mind could not understand why Jesus would "side" Mary over Martha.To me Mary seemed like the work avoiding type (i know i do it sometimes, everybody does, abi?). In vs 40 of Luke chapter 10, Martha was "cumbered"(KJV), also in John 12 vs 2, Martha was serving @ a dinner in Jesus honor while Mary seemingly did nothing. But over time, as I got deeper in the person and love of Jesus, I got to understand Mary better. In Luke 10 vs 39 she listened to Christ's word and in John 12 vs 3, she(Mary) worshipped Jesus- She wiped His feet with her hair (the glory of a woman is her hair-so Paul says)- WOW!the intimacy of that action depicts the intimacy worshipping is all about. Mary is a complete thought for another day.
Finally on Marthaism, a balance of Mary and Martha is better but as Christ said in Luke 10 vs 42, Mary's attitude is the best.Ciao! and God Bless.

Comments

Popular Posts