Grace Thoughts on Panic

So this is the scenario, a man gets framed by a criminal he help put away(jail)as a cop. Okay the man is Denzel Washington and the criminal is John Lithgow in Ricochet(yeah! am a film buff). As I watched the movie I keep screaming-Don't do that, Don't touch that, Don't say that and things like that. It seemed as if, no it did not seem but He really kept on getting in deeper and deeper into the psychopath's (John's character) plan.
My mind just went to everyday life, how when we panic we just keep getting in deeper and deeper into a mess we are trying to get out of. Okay take this example(had to pause to decide on the example to use- went with this because this is the thought of a Christian woman{emphasis Woman}). When am in the kitchen making a meal and I go in for a taste of the work of my hands(which God said He'll bless!), and I notice all is not well, my brain begins to work extra time: How do I rectify the situation? Nowadays, after years of being in charge of my own kitchen, I calmly analyze and implement change, but before.....
In the early days of my marriage, in my panic I sometimes made things worse. See am not a bad cook , never have been (my mama train me well!) but in panic I let things get out of hand. I remember one cake episode I had, baked four cakes(7-inch pan), one after the other and they all came out flat and dry. Instead of calmly analyzing the first disaster, I kept struggling, mixing and baking three more times(not funny at all o!). Turned out the baking powder had comma but in my panic.... My example may not reflect your situation at all but panic is panic.
So my thought on panic is this-STOP! Take a deep breath and calm down. That is when you will see the problem and solution clearly(Do comprehensive research if necessary). You will hear God speak to you in a clear voice- My child this is the way, walk therein.
Ciao! and God Bless.

Comments

  1. nice piece. talking about panic, i see it as a sudden outburst of fear...i like it when you said "Stop"....scriptures say; be still and know, that i am God. there is great wisdom in being still. pause...think...relax...and act. you will realize, that it was all but a passing phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true Omede, being still is a perfect description.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts